
So this is the drawing i came up with from the Minton Vase. I played around with lots of different things at first, but i could never stop thinking about how much it looked like a big hipped woman with her hands on her hips. So i worked more with that idea. The blue on the vase was so vibrant that i wanted to use more blue than on the original. I toyed with the idea of putting some buildings in the background to give her a context but they never looked right. I was choosing buildings from 'way back when' in the era i thought the vase was made, but she never fitted in properly. On the other hand she looked silly hovering on her own, so i gave a shadow and a simple horizon line to put her in a bit of a context.
No comments:
Post a Comment