
I'm a big fan of Johan Potma, even though his work isn't obviously similar to mine.This image is on his website (www.johanpotma.com). I emailed his a few questions and he got back to me within the hour. He seems like a really nice chap, his answers weren't fantastic though:
Hi gabby,
Thank you for your email.
I will try to answer your questions.
1) I am very interested in trying to paint on wood, do you have any tips for what works and what doesn't?
Anything goes...don't be too serious about it all and do a lot of experimenting...you will find the things that work for you by trying out a lot of different things.
2) All your characters seem to have a personality, do you base them on people you know?
My characters tell my stories...I am inspired by my own life and my experiences..So yes, a lot of people that i know are hidden in the characters;)
3) Have you had to deal with any difficult clients?
yes I have
Hope this is of some help to you.
cheers,
johan
No comments:
Post a Comment