Thursday, 26 January 2012

Brent Hale



I found Brent Hale while looking for inspiration for my Final Major Project. I want to draw the relationship between people and cars, though this has the potential to turn into a cliche about the what type of people buy what type of car. I want mine to be more characterful and interesting, like Hale's.



I plan on taking a lot of ideas and influence from Hale but adding myself to it, for example i would use colour more sparingly and the whole image would look less finely rendered. I would also want to have some typography in there to make it a bit more 'snazzy'. I would like to blend Hale's car ideas with Andrea Joseph's penmanship (from a previous post) and my own style and way of working.
I need to think of an end point for my work, i don't want the end point to dictate the work but at the moment i am struggling to get my head round what and how to draw when i don't know what the finished thing with be. For the moment i may have to just keep drawing people and cars and thinking of funny combinations and situations and hope that some divine intervention will show itself in a few weeks. I will try and immerse myself in caricatures, cars and people in general to get the best ideas. Often the funniest things happen to those closest to you, it would be detrimental to ignore such a rich and close resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment