Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Muhammed Ali


This is my last piece of personal work before the real college work gets going. I went past my favourite shop on the bus yesterday (Southern Playa) and thought, 'i want to do a drawing for you'. My immediate thought was Tupac Shakur, as it is a Hip Hop clothing shop, but i wanted to draw more than just the figure. I don't know much about Tupac so i started thinking about Muhammed Ali. I'm a big fan of Ali and thought his famous 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...' quote would fit nicely. I decided to place Ali in the bottom corner and have the insects on an upwards diagonal to give the picture some movement and dynamics. I like how i managed to restrict myself with the colour, rather than treating it like a colouring book like my hand was wanting to. Overall i'm very pleased with it, and hopefully the shop will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment