I'm really happy with it. I wanted the butterfly to be the main focus which it why i did white flowers on an off white material. The butterfly is sad because he's so beautiful but he can't fly properly. He is form over function. No-one cares about his body or his mind, they just care how pretty his wings look....I wouldnt look too deep into this explanation by the way, it's not a reflection of myself.
While i was drawing in permanent marker i was listening to an upbeat Chemical Brothers and everything was going well. When i started to put the cushion together i was listening to Coldplay, lots of things went wrong. I'm not saying there's a correlation there...just something to think about.
I also made a basic cushion as a practise using IKEA material. I really liked the pattern and wanted to use it somewhere. I had lots of fun making it and i don't think it looks out of place with my cushion. I would deffinately make more cushions and draw on material in the future, it was great and everything worked out well.
No comments:
Post a Comment